Cherry Hills Christian operates on a traditional school year calendar.
Key Dates for the 2017-2018 School Year
- First Day of Classes MS Grade 6 and new MS students: August 21
- First Day of Classes ES and all MS: August 22
- First Day of Classes PS: August 23
- Fall/Thanksgiving Break: November 20-24
- Christmas Break: December 21-January 3, 2018
- Spring Break: March 19-23, 2018
- Last Day PS: May 22, 2018
- Last Day ES/MS: May 25, 2018
Elementary and Middle School Late Start Days
CHC provides consistent time for Elementary and Middle School teaching staff to meet for professional development. Fourteen late start days will be built into the school year for these meetings to take place. Through this kind of collaboration, teaching staff will better work together to improve their teaching and ensure high levels of learning for every student. During these meetings, teachers will discuss:
- Professional Development
- Student Outcomes
- School will begin at 8:40 a.m.
- Drop off students between 8:20 and 8:40 a.m.
- Parents may register their students in a tuition-based, supervised program before school on late start days. (Registration will open once school begins.)
- Late Start before school care will be offered from 7:45 - 8:15 a.m.