What is COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. These viruses spread through coughing or sneezing, much like the flu. To date, there is no vaccine for COVID-19.
Cherry Hills Christian’s Response to COVID-19
First and foremost, CHC's top priority is the health and safety of our students, staff and families. As such, we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus - COVID 19 outbreak and watching the recommendations from appropriate agencies. This is an ever-changing situation that we continue to monitor on a daily basis.
In working through our Communicable Illness Outbreak Response Policy, CHC has assembled a Crisis Management Team to assess and evaluate the best interest of our students, teachers, staff, parents and the greater community. Our goal is to provide ongoing communication and guidance for our families.
In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Cherry Hills Christian will utilize Remote Learning through April 30th. We will reassess the situation as we get closer to that end date. We are extremely grateful for the resources God has provided allowing us to establish a successful platform for our students and families.
We are also working closely with our facilities team to enhance cleaning protocols including attention to high-touch surfaces, the thorough cleaning of equipment and the use of high-grade disinfectants. The building will undergo additional sanitation measures every week that includes a Virex fog disinfectant that will be dispersed throughout the entire facility. Virex is on the list of disinfectants that kill coronavirus and 99.9% of all micro-organisms.
Cherry Hills Christian COVID-19 Communications
Hygiene Best Practices
Practice good hygiene techniques like:
- Frequently washing your hands for at least 20 seconds or using at least a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue and then wash your hands;
- Refraining from sharing food and drinks;
- Avoiding close contact with others who are sick; and
- Wiping down frequently touched surfaces
Below is a list of credible and reliable resources about the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- CDC | Coronavirus Website
- US Department of State
- Tri-County Health
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Education | Novel Coronavirus
- John Hopkins Medicine | COVID-19 vs. the Flu
- John Hopkins | Coronavirus Map
- 7 Ways to Parent Effectively During the Coronavirus
- For Those Thinking Suicidal Thoughts During the Coronavirus
- Parenting During Coronavirus: Help Your Family Stick Together and Work Through Tough Emotions
- Showing Grace to Your Family in Close Quarters
- It Will Be Okay: Trusting God through Fear and Change by Lysa TerKeurst
- A Story to Help Children Understand Coronavirus
- The Yucky Bug by Julia Cook
- Exemplify Faith and Peace during COVID-19
- Parenting Anxious Kids in an Anxious Time
- 6 Ways to Lead Your Family in Isolation
- Never a Better Time for Family Prayer
- Upbeat Song Playlist for Lower School Kids
- Songs of Comfort for Anxious Souls - Playlist