As children begin Kindergarten, we believe in providing a nurturing and loving environment where boys and girls are encouraged to grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. The beginning of a child's educational journey is very important and we do all we can to set children on the right path.
Cherry Hills Christian offers a Half Day Morning Kindergarten and a Full Day Kindergarten (three days per week).
In planning for your first grader’s education, we will consider their strengths and interests. The learning environment will be one that encourages active participation on the part of each student. Children will learn as they explore, observe and interact with each other. They will be encouraged to express themselves through art, music, movement, and writing. We value your participation in the education of your child and look forward to working with you during your child's first grade year.
First Grade Team
Academically, students are expanding and gaining confidence in core skills initially introduced in grade one. Positive social interactions and the development of Christ-like character qualities are important goals achieved in class through personal interaction, a variety of curriculum, individualized learning, and the use of technology as a tool for both teachers and students.
Second Grade Team
We consider it a privilege to partner with parents as together we train children to become all God has meant them to be heart, soul, mind and strength. The Third Grade learning environment is one that encourages active participation on the part of each student. In planning for your Third Grader's education, we will consider their strengths and interests. Students will learn as they explore, observe and interact with each other.
Third Grade Team
- Help students identify their interests and abilities
- Support students in setting personal learning goals
- Facilitate student involvement and learning in decision-making regarding their own learning and the use of power and responsibility in the classroom and school
- Create a culture of care and community where students learn to support one another and take responsibility for the well being of each other and the total community
- Facilitate students learning together in a diverse groups where they learn how to value contributions of others and manage productive group work
- Teach students who are functioning at many differing levels of ability together in heterogeneous mixes
- Assess student skills and learning styles to facilitate learning and promote personal excellence
Fourth Grade Team