A decision to explore a Christ-centered education for your preschooler is one that will have a profound impact on your family's life. We excel in areas important to a quality learning environment, such as, safety and security, qualified teachers with a commitment to Christian education, and a history of accreditation and continuous improvement processes. By selecting Cherry Hills Christian, you are entrusting our staff to partner with you in the intellectual, spiritual and developmental growth of your young child. All of us accept this responsibility eagerly and consider it a privilege to serve the Lord and your family.
- PreSchool Programs
- Class Size
- Curriculum/Learning Environment
- Biblical Worldview
- Affiliations & Accreditation
- What PreSchool Parents Say
- Parent Resources
- Cherry Hills Christian PreSchool offers classes 2 to 5 days a week for children ages two through pre-kindergarten, morning, half and full day.
- Our Christian education serves approximately 240 students annually, ages 2 through Pre-Kindergarten, as well as another 60 students through our Kindergarten Enrichment and Extended Day programs and School-Age Before and After Care.
- PreSchool has a relaxed drop off between 8:15 and 8:45 a.m. for all classes, allowing parents flexibility in scheduling morning drop-off, as well as Before Care, extended day, and After School options. Programs vary according to age, click here to learn more on offerings and tuition.
- A highly popular summer program is offered for children ages three through pre-kindergarten and typically runs 9am to 1p during select weeks in the summer. Click here to find out more about our Summer Programs.
Highlights of the PreSchool:
- Full time registered Nurse on site.
- Curriculum activities and instructional strategies are research-based.
- Learning objectives are aligned with the Colorado Department of Education Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines.
- Bi-annual Parent Teacher Conferences for children 3 and older; Toddlers assessed once a year.
- Regular teacher communication via emails and parent newsletters.
- Weekly music class.
- Social Emotional Training & Curriculum.
- Family Events that promote community.
- By concentrating on the development of the whole child, Cherry Hills Christian PreSchool strives to help lay a spiritual and academic foundation that leads to success in learning, while fostering inspiration and encouragement to grow through the challenges of childhood.
- Our curriculum encourages engagement through fun hands-on learning experiences in intentionally designed centers, small groups and large groups.
- Children are taught safety and social emotional skills such as keeping themselves safe, identifying feelings, using our words with others, taking turns with toys, problem solving skills and getting a teacher for help.
- Learn more about our Curriculum here.
- View our “Portrait of a Graduate.”
- Bible stories, Bible verses and character development are integrated throughout the curriculum with practical application given to every day events, such as, reading Bible stories together, memorizing verses, daily prayer and singing and dancing to songs about God.
- Christian character is emphasized through demonstrations of "other-centeredness" and reflections on loving and considerate behavior both in the classroom and as a school community, demonstrated by supporting those in need through local and international mission partners in age-appropriate ways.
- A preschool-appropriate guided worship is offered a couple times a year, especially to emphasize the events of Christ's life in special ways (i.e. Christmas, Easter). Our exclusively dedicated music teacher visits the classrooms weekly and prepares songs that relate to themes and Bible stories.
- Staff have been carefully selected in keeping with our mission statement and exhibit outstanding teaching ability and a loving, Christ-like character.
- Teachers are certified by the state of Colorado and all personnel are current in CPR/1st Aid and Universal Precautions, as well as background checks.
- The PreSchool has a nurse on site throughout the day to respond to illnesses and accidents.
- Meet our staff.
- Cherry Hills Christian Preschool is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Click here for more information.
- Cherry Hills Christian PreSchool is licensed by the State of Colorado Department of Human Services.
- Cherry Hills Christian is a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Cherry Hills Christian is a ministry of Cherry Hills Community Church.
"Last night our daughter taught us all a new prayer to say before dinner - from how to place our hands together to what words to say. That moment reminded my wife and me why our decision to send her to Cherry Hills was the best choice possible for her. We couldn't stop talking about it last night."
"We loved the caring teachers, the curriculum and the friendships that our children developed at CHCP. The location was great for me and the curriculum and teachers were awesome. We love Cherry Hills Preschool. Thank you so much for everything you do for our child and our family."
"I think the (new) curriculum is fantastic!...I feel it is much stronger academically with a great element of center based learning which is teaching gross and fine motor skills along with academics. Keep up the great work!"
"Great school, Great people! We loved (our teacher) and her humble and smart and loving ways. We were thoroughly impressed with the preschool program. We will miss you next year as we moved east."
"We have been very pleased with CHCP and plan to return in two years with our third child. Thank you for loving our children and for preparing them well for Kindergarten."
"Great Experience and start to my child's education!"