2019-2020 Important School Dates
Cherry Hills Christian operates on a traditional school year calendar.
Key Dates for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Meet & Greet K-8: August 20
- First Day of School K-8: August 21
- Meet & Greet Preschool: August 21
- First Day of School Preschool: August 22
- Labor Day (no school): September 2
- Conferences/In-Service (no school): October 17-18
- Thanksgiving Break (no school): November 25-29
- Christmas Break (no school): December 20-January 6
- In Service Day (no school): January 6
- First Day of Second Semester, Preschool-8: January 7
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day (no school): January 20
- In-Service Day (no school): February 14
- Presidents' Day (no school): February 17
- Conferences/In-Service (no school): March 12-13
- Spring Break (no school): March 16-20
- Spirit Week/Missions Week, K-8: March 23-27
- Easter Break (Good Friday, no school): April 10
- Last Day of School, Grade 8 Only: May 14
- Last Day of School, Preschool: May 19
- Last Day of School, K-7: May 21
- Memorial Day: May 25
Elementary and Middle School Late Start Days
CHC provides consistent time for Elementary and Middle School teaching staff to meet for professional development. We will have a late start every Tuesday of the school year. Through this kind of collaboration, teaching staff will better work together to improve their teaching and ensure high levels of learning for every student. During these meetings, teachers will discuss:
- Professional Development
- Student Outcomes
- School will begin at 8:40 a.m.
- Drop off students between 8:20 and 8:40 a.m.
- Parents may register their students in a tuition-based, supervised program before school on late start days. (Registration will open once school begins.)
- Late Start before school care will be offered from 7:45 - 8:15 a.m.